Friday 31 October 2014

October empties

So now essays are done and I have some downtime I can finally blog about some empties I've accumulated this month.

Here are my three favourites:

OGX//Ever Straight//Brazilian Keratin Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner//RRP £6.99
Grab it now at Boots for 1/3 off and browse the whole OGX range!

I just found my new favourite shampoo and conditioner! I'm going to reveal something that might shock and astound you - I'm not a natural blonde! (har-har) My usual shampoo is John Frieda Sheer Blonde and I sometimes mix it up with a Herbal Essence one when my hair gets too used to it. Due to my hair being highlighted, it sometimes gets a little dry and I'd heard Argan Oil was the best thing to revive my dry hair and help my split ends. I was perusing the ailses when I spotted OGX's Argan Oil shampoo and conditioner. I did the usual sniff test and was overwhelmed by how amazing it smelled, so naturally I started having a sniff of all of them. This was the one that I liked the smell of the best, and I knew keratin would make my hair so much softer, so I plumped for this one and the Anti Breakage Healing Oil which is also lovely - it does make my hair feel a little greasy. This shampoo and conditioner made my hair noticeably softer and the smell was incredible. I felt my hair had improved so much since I had started using it and when I went to the hairdressers yesterday, the proof was in the pudding as she hardly had to trim anything off the ends due to it being so healthy! As they have just finished, and as I am a firm believer of switching up your hair products, I purchased the Biotin and Collagen shampoo for thicker and fuller hair by OGX and this one smells even better that the keratin one (I buy products based on how they smell quite a lot!) I'm hoping this one will be as good as the keratin one.. but time shall tell, but I feel I won't be disappointed. 


My next empty is Bronze Glow Mosaic by Collection

Bronze Glow Mosaic//Collection//RRP £2.99
Available at Boots

As a MAC fanatic, when I couldn't find MAC Skinfinish in Gold Deposit anywhere in stock, I started hunting for a new highlighter. I love a bit of shine to my temples and cheekbones to give me that healthy glow, so when mine ran out in Greece, I was devastated. On my return to the UK everyone seemed to have purchased it and no one had any stock. I went to Boots again to have a look and walking past this one glittering away in the Collection counter caught my eye - and so did the price! 

Bronze Glow Mosaic Swatch

This may just replace MAC as my new favourite. It's not quite as dark, and it goes with my hair a lot better now I've dyed it lighter. It's light and frosty and gives me a nice shine without being too dark or too heavy. My only complaint is it is a little bit more glittery than the MAC one and the glitter goes everywhere. But, for nearly £20 less than it's rival - I feel like I'll be sticking with this as it gives me a healthy glow and doesn't break the bank.

What products were you loving this month?

xo








2 comments:

  1. May have to try the shampoo and conditioner out, I have some highlights too and I've been looking for something to help my hair :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice! You should definitely try it! I'm currently working my way through the Biotin and Collagen one right now and it's brilliant too. They smell so lush! x

      Delete