Tuesday 11 November 2014

Clinique Anti-Blemish Solution 3-Step System Set Review

You know that song by Day One that goes 'It's gotta get bad before it gets good?'

If Clinique make an advert for this product - this should be the theme tune. 

I persevered. I really did. I tried. But there is only so much bad skin I can go outside with.

Clinique Anti-Blemish Solution 3-Step System Set//RRP £25
Grab it now at John Lewis for £22.50!

My skin got really bad again when I came back from Greece, the lack of sun and the sudden return of my foundation was enough for it to freak out. I'd read a few blogs and seen online that everyone was raving about Clinique's 3-Step Anti Blemish set, so when it went on a price match, I snapped it up with my discount. I was so excited to try this product, and at £18 for the travel set size, I wasn't expecting to be disappointed. I'm very much a 'you get what you pay for' kinda girl, but a £3 face wash from Neutrogena would have, and is better. For me anyway. You might be lucky and find this is the wonder product that you've been looking for.

The only thing I can say about this 3-Step Set is that it really cleans your face. It got every single little trace of make up off. I took all my make up off with my trusty Simple wipe first and let the foaming cleanser get to work. It didn't smell great, but it was light and it made my face feel squeaky clean. Next, we were on to the clarifying lotion. The first thing that will hit you about this product is the smell. I put a small swatch onto a cotton pad and swiped my face with it. I felt like someone had thrown a glass of vodka in my face. The smell of alcohol is overwhelming and as i have quite sensitive skin, I think this was the culprit that aggravated my skin. The clearing moisturiser is quite pleasant after having the clearing lotion which is quite stinging. After reading reviews online, they had said that I should expect to see an improvement even within the first week. All I saw was my skin getting worse and worse. I broke out all along my jawline and I thought okay - I'll give it another week, maybe it gets bad and then it clears up. It really didn't though. It just kept getting worse and worse, even my make up started looking awful. It was going patchy during the day, my skin looked dry under my foundation. As soon as I ditched it, bang! Skin was back to normal, make up looked better than ever and my jawline cleared up within days. 

I might give this product a try further down the line - at the end of the day, it wasn't the cheapest skincare I've ever purchased and it seems a shame to let it go to waste, but for the time being, I'm going to stick with what I know - and maybe give the Body Shop one a shot instead.. 

Have you tried this product? 

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I'm a huge Clinique fan and am loving the blog - I nominate you for the Liebster Award xx

    http://teayogame.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/liebster-award-2014_14.html

    ReplyDelete