Sunday 16 November 2014

Viva Aveda!

I am so poor at doing anything on time. Seriously. I got my hair cut and highlighted a solid two weeks ago, and only now I am finding time to blog about it. 

So living in the big city, getting my hair done is an expensive necessity. Not being a natural blonde (yeah like you didn't know!) my roots come in pretty fast, and there is actually nothing worse in life than blonde hair and dark roots, so I visit my hairdresser about every 6 weeks. I have a lot of events coming up, I spent more than I earn on dresses and shoes and then there was the sudden realisation of how close Christmas actually is and how many presents I need to buy.. My funds were low and then suddenly my roots were back and required urgent attention.  Oh adult life, how I loathe you.

I'm pretty fussy about what I use in my hair, especially with dye as I hate that dull, brittle, brassy look you get after about a month and a half, so in recent years I've only being going to places that are Aveda trained. Aveda hair colour is up to '99% naturally derived from plants, non-petroleum minerals or water', the dye is non-drying and uses 'gentle, sustainable water as it's solvent, instead of alcohol'. It has conditioning elements such as 'sunflower, castor and jojoba oil'. Also,their packaging is 100% recycled. They just make you feel like you're doing good, while making yourself look great. 

My usual hairdresser was fully booked and my roots were darker than the night sky, so I frantically started googling Aveda salons near me and I found a new hairdresser called SpoilMe - and that they did. I went in armed with photos on my phone of celebrities with great hair (everyone does this, right?) and showed Rhea exactly what I wanted. I wanted to go a little bit darker now that the winter months are upon us and I can no longer be the tanned blonde I was in the summer. She suggested adding some highlights of my natural colour that would not only give me the darker colour I wanted, but would also help me when my dreaded roots made a reappearance. I placed my life (okay, it was just my hair, same thing) in her hands, and I can honestly say it is the best colour and cut I've ever had in my whole life - hens the entire blog on one hair cut. 



The thing I love most about Aveda dye is that if you are a blonde, or like me you're just pretending, the colour doesn't go brassy like other colours will. It's also a lot glossier and leaves my hair in a much better condition than any other ones I've tried. Also, it smells a lot better. I know this isn't a reason to swap hair dyes - but it should be. 

I couldn't recommend Aveda enough and urge all you ladies to get out there and try it. The colour stays true all the way through the 6 weeks I wait before my next colour. 

Oh, and everyone should go to SpoilMe and ask for Rhea - she is a miracle worker!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment